S.A.S SUPER ANALOGUE STYLUS
Analogue sound continues to captivate audiophiles.
Challenging conventional tracking limitations on sound reproduction, we have applied pioneering technology to develop a superior record stylus with rich tonality and warmth.
- Compatible with wider and deeper grooves (Micro Groove)
Carefully chosen natural octahedron single-crystals are used for the diamond tip. S.A.S. can also be used on records with 30-280 micron grooves in addition to the conventional 30-80 micron groove.
- The secret to accurate regeneration is its thinness and configuration.
The main attribute of the S.A.S. is not only the consistency found in the few microns of width and height, but the unique finishing touches that preserve its high precision. We have realized a curvature with a smaller radius than was impossible with the Micro Ridge Stylus.
- The solution to sound distortion and uneven movement due to stylus wear
The stylus’excellent durability eliminates lateral and frontal abrasion. The delicately curved ridge tip never changes form and maintains precise tracking to pick up any signal, no matter how fine. This makes it perfect for high frequencies, which require a highly precise tip-radius for tracking the inner grooves of records, as well as sounds with a wide dynamic range.
- Polishing technique does not damage the record
We practice an advanced polishing technique used by well-known domestic and international cartridge makers. This will preserve the record groove for longer periods.
[The relation between stylus tip shape and contact surface]
S.A.S stylus tip
- Natural single-crystal, nude-mounted octahedral diamond stylus tip.
- Sapphire, one of the hardest minerals known, is used in the cantilever for its ability to transmit vibrations extremely efficiently.
- The magnet is composed of rare earth metals with excellent electromagnetic conductivity.
- The high-precision One-Point Tension System reproduces the smallest of vibrations from the stylus tip while preserving a distortion-free signal.
- A microscope is used to mount individual strands of 0.06 mm piano wire to eliminate erratic vibrations caused by installation errors.
- The neo SAS (released July 21st, 2016) features a crystalline sapphire cantilever.This replaces the metallic boron cantilever of the first-generation SAS models.The damping and suspension of the neo SAS have been optimized to suit the characteristics of the sapphire cantilever.
|Review of Super Analogue Stylus|
|Great stuff, the SAS stylus for the V15 III simply rules. I had the V15 V XMR at home for a while, but I prefer the combination of the III with this SAS stylus in my Thorens TD160 with SME arm. Worth every penny. Recommended - give it a try.
Thursday 12 January, 2006
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]
- Always use the S.A.S needle at the recommended tracking force settings (1.25±0.25g). If the stylus pressure is above the recommended range it may ruin or damage the stylus and/or record, resulting in poor sound reproduction.
- It is important to clean your records and stylus to protect them from abrasion damage caused by dust and debris that have accumulated on records or adhered to the stylus tip.
- Take precautions not to allow anything to come into contact with the stylus that will damage it.
- To determine when to replace your stylus you should take the various playing conditions into consideration. On average the stylus lasts two or three times longer (about 500 hours) than the average diamond tip stylus.